Alex McIntyre (BA, BArch, MA (Arch Cons), RIBA,) has over twenty years’ experience and has been a director of the practice since 2004.
His team of RIBA chartered architects and supporting technologists offer a wealth of design and practical experience in producing elegant and enduring solutions for new buildings and historic structures.
We believe in responsible construction and encourage the use of energy efficient and environmentally sensitive solutions.
Alex McIntyre Architects have had extensive involvement in managing and implementing publicly funded projects under the scrutiny of such bodies as English Heritage and The Heritage Lottery Fund. We are therefore ideally placed to guide clients through the often complex requirements that accompany such funding streams.
We work with an established group of engineers, surveyors, and specialist consultants that we can assemble as a bespoke team for each particular project.
Alex McIntyre Architects aim to successfully interpret their client’s needs into thoughtfully designed solutions.
We can help with:
- New build
- Alterations and refurbishment
- Interior and furniture design
- Landscape design
As an accredited RIBA Chartered Architect Practice we work within their recommended service structure. These services include:
- Production of feasibility studies.
- Interpretation of client’s requirements to produce design brief.
- Development of design proposals with our client.
- Submission of planning applications – including listed building and conservation area consents.
- Production of construction information for building regulations, tenders and site work.
- On site administration until completion.
The initial consultation is free and with no obligation. This can take place on site or at our offices where we will help you understand cost, construction, legal and planning implications of your project. We understand that projects vary widely and so we can discuss our services and fee structure when we first meet.